Town Of Colesville

February 5, 2016
Free Community Dinner 
Friday, February 5th
The Harpursvile United Methodist Church 
Serving scallopped potatoes and ham
from 5 to 7 pm
Everyone is Welcome!
donations accepted 

Report Vandalism !
It's not only a Law but it's stealing a persons life.  
Not just the Colesville Ambulance comes to the rescue of residents in need.
Superior Ambulance from the city also responds to emergencies.
They are not familiar with the names of roads in rural towns
and signs are important to them.
If they don't know where to find the victim, they can't save their life.
The life they save could very well be one of your loved ones
We called the Sheriff's office and they are on patrol in our rural towns,
especially in the Town of Colesville.
If you know of someone or have seen the person or persons
stealing our road signs;
Call the Broome County Sheriff
607- 778-1911 

Broome Senior Center:

Check out the Fun Filled Days, Exciting Trip's and Mini Vacations 

 Schedule throughout the year 

Town of Colesville Offices

Ofiices for the Town of Colesville are located in the Town Hall at 780 Welton Street, Harpursville, NY.  The Town Garage is located across the street from the Town Hall.

The Town of Colesville lies in the northeast part of Broome County and is bounded on the north by Chenango County, on the east by the Town of Sanford, on the south by the Town of Windsor, and on the west by the Towns of Kirkwood and Fenton.  The town was formed on April 3, 1821, from the Town of Windsor.  Harpursville is the largest hamlet in the town although it is not incorporated. 

Colesville derives its name from pioneer Nathaniel Cole, a revolutionary soldier.  He settled here in 1795, on a hill south of Harpursville, known as Coles Hill.  He built a tavern there which was in operation as early as 1800.  It was the first tavern between Albany and Binghamton. 

Broome County's Nathaniel Cole Park was opened in the town in 1974 and is located about two miles from the site of its namesake's tavern.

Department Pages:
Department of Motor Vehicles comes to Colesville

Beginning January, 2016

Broome County Clerk Rick Blythe

will be setting up a Motor Vehicle Office 

at the Broome County Senior Center,  Golden Lane, Harpursville, NY,